Yesterday I was thinking why is so hard for me to cook or prepare breakfast. My biggest problem has always been time. I get it – nobody has enough time in the morning to prepare a nice and healthy breakfast. Most likely I’m gonna make a toast and boil couple of eggs (while brewing my coffee). I work at night (which means I’m sleeping at 8am) , so usually my breakfast is served at noon. But normal people who work in the morning still want to have a quick, healthy and delicious breakfast before heading to work. So I came up with this really quick and full of colors breakfast. All you need is literally 20 min maximum.
Avocado Egg Toast
- 2 bread toasts
- 1 soft avocado ( or a cup of classic guacamole )
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- garlic, salt, black pepper
The only thing that I will advice you to prepare in advance is the bacon. I prefer making my bacon bites instead of buying them ready. Cook the bacon slices in a pan ( cook them till well done ), then let them dry on a paper towel and chop in small bites. I love bacon bites because I can use them in so many dishes – salads, pasta dishes etc.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, add salt, garlic and pepper and bake on a baking sheet in the oven (370 degrees F) for 7-8 min until they soften.
- In the meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat melt the butter. When the butter has melted, gently pour the two eggs in the skillet. When the eggs are ready (sunny-side up), put them on a side for a minute.
- It’s time to put your bread in the toaster until golden.
- Spread the soft avocado (or guacamole if you want to save more time) on the ready toasts and place the eggs. Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Sprinkle the bacon bites on top of your toast.
- Don’t forget to add your cherry tomatoes on side or on top of your toast. If you want, you can add a drop of balsamic vinegar to them.
- Enjoy your super colorful breakfast!