It’s the beginning of March and all I’m thinking is adding more vegetables and fruits to my menu. Eating light and clean is the golden rule of a good diet. If you are sick of steaks, beef stew, fries, chicken, and if you are thinking of new ways to eat healthy, then you should try this amazing recipe for a spring pasta dish.
Honey Almond Pappardelle Pasta
Ingredients ( for 2 servings ):
- 8-9 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 pound of brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup of olive oil for the veggies and 1/2 cup for the sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup of sliced/ chopped almonds
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- curry powder
- 1 cup plain whole milk yoghurt
Directions (Total time: 45-50 min):
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil on high. Cook the pappardelle pasta 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F. Cut the zucchinis into small cubes, mix with olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper and put on a baking sheet. Clean the brussel sprouts, cut in half, and again mix with olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper. Place them on the same baking sheet separate from the zucchini.
- Bake the veggies for 20-25 min until golden or brown (however you like them).
3. While waiting on veggies, you should start preparing your sauce. In a food processor put together 1 tbsp honey, the chopped almonds, add 1 tbsp olive oil and squeeze the lemon. Blend together until you get a nice and smooth paste. If it’s too thick, add more olive oil and blend again.
4. Place your nonstick skillet over medium heat and sauté the garlic with the remaining olive oil until golden. When the pasta is ready, gently place in the skillet and add salt and pepper. Be careful while stirring, because you don’t want to break down the pappardelle. Add the blended sauce of honey and almonds and stir for another 4-5 min.
5. By that time, the zucchini and brussel sprouts should be ready so take them out of the oven. Mix them with the pasta.
6. Sprinkle extra almonds on top of the pasta. If you want to make your dish feel even lighter, add 1 tbsp yoghurt on top or just serve it on side. Enjoy!
Tip: If you are looking for a glass of wine to pair, try a dry riesling.